Monday, June 13, 2016

Bath & Bodyworks: Bergamot Waters- Candle Review

Today I am reviewing a 14.5 oz, 3-wick candle from Bath & Bodyworks/White Barn called Bergamot Waters. It is presented in a smoky blue glass container and the wax is a creamy white.

The scent description for Bergamot Waters is: a lush blend of blue bergamot waters, creamy sandalwood and a hint of sugared citrus.

Cold Sniff: On cold sniff I got a complex, sweet masculine-type scent. It has that slight hint of whatever it is that BBW keeps putting into all their masculine-type candles, if you know what I mean then you can most likely recall this scent by memory. None the less, I really liked it on cold sniff. I didn't smell any "sugared citrus" but there is an undoubtedly sweet dry-down with this scent. Bergamot is the scent on the foreground here with this candle.  

Hot Throw: this candle was a medium to deep thrower. I had this candle placed in the lower part of my split-level home and it gently wafted all over. I think because the bergamot is a more noticeable, spicy scent, I tended to be more aware of this candle's presence then per say a more natural type smell like a green, of fresh type scent. If you like sweet masculine scents that BBW does, then you will like this scent. I found myself getting overwhelmed with this scent, even nauseated. It's not that it didn't smell good, its just that whatever scent combo it gave off was just not agreeing with me. It was too sickeningly sweet for me, and I like sweet scents. Not sure what it was. I got about half-way done with the candle and gave it to my mother. She said she liked it. This is the FIRST time I have stopped a candle from burning and then given it away. Yikes.

Wax Performance: The candle burned well with no tunneling, but the wicks sparked and set burning ashes afloat upon lighting them. This has been happening to me with BBW candles lately, can anyone relate? Also, my milky-white wax got discolored and turned an ashen-gray color. This is the first time I have noticed such a gross discoloration with BBW/White Barn candles. Perhaps it is because of the sparking wicks? Or maybe that is why they gave us colored glass, so that we would not be as aware of the wax discoloration. Only God knows. 

Overall: This candle appealed to me on cold-sniff but after burning, just became to cloying for me to handle. The wax performed well but the wicks were popping messes of ash and the wax discoloration was pretty gross. It wouldn't deter me from continuing to burn the candle if I liked the scent though, so I wasn't too up in arms about all that, but the scent just no. NO. I would not repurchase this scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment