Monday, June 13, 2016

Bath & Bodyworks: Provence Garden-Candle Review

Today I am reviewing Bath & Bodyworks 14.5oz, 3-wick candle called, Provence Garden. It is presented in a clear glass container with a picture depicting a wooden fence and some climbing foliage with a purple flower. I really like the label, and the font as well. The wax is a light green, and pools out to a deep emerald.

Scent Description: from garden to table, much of French cuisine includes herbs like the ones in this blend of fresh garden greens, pear blossoms and a hint of ivy.

Cold Sniff: I bought this candle blindly, I had never smelled it in the stores, but knew I wanted it based on the name and the label. I love garden or green type smells. And I love Provence France. This scent is a green fruity scent, with the pear blossoms blending lovingly with an herbal note. Ivy--not sure that it even has a scent in reality, wasn't noticed by me in cold sniff. While I was OK with the cold-sniff, I wasn't like dying of sheer delight. It was not the most impressive garden scent I have ever smelled, nor was it the worst.

Hot Throw: I had this candle burning on the lower level of my open floor-plan 2 level home right at the entrance table of my foyer. I have very high cathedral ceilings. This scent was a steady medium, and noticeable. I smelled it the strongest at the top of my stairs, a floor directly above where I was burning it. Made perfect sense to me. I noticed it slightly more muted in the surrounding areas on the same floor that I was burning it on. I have recently moved to a large home with, like I said, tall cathedral ceilings and a wide open floor plan. I came into it knowing that most of my stronger candles would have a harder time filling up the space than they did in my smaller split-level home. This house would be the ultimate test for a candle's scent-throw. And those that could not stand up to the test would be sent into our media room, a smaller room where we watch TV for enjoyment as we unwind with our favorite shows. I like the idea of having multiple candles burning in their own areas not able to blend their scents together due to having to share an open space. I like to enjoy each candle's unique aroma.

Wax Performance: The wax performed well, with no tunneling. I got those crazy popping, exploding wicks again, so I made sure to light the candle over the sink so the ash wouldn't burn or ruin my entrance table. That is 2 exploding wick candles for me. Other than that, I had no problems with burn, wax or discoloration.

Overall: This scent was nothing to write home about but it was a pleasant smell that gave my home a resort-type feel with it's fruity-herbal blended scent.  I had company over while I burned this candle and got a lot of compliments on this scent, which is always nice because most of my guest don't notice scents (or at least give me any feedback about them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment