Thursday, June 30, 2016

Yankee Candle's: Peeps Marshmallow Chicks- Candle Review

Today I am reviewing Yankee Candle's Peeps Marshmallow Chicks 22oz, single wick candle. The wax is a lovely pale yellow and pools out to a buttery yellow. There are some Peeps chicks on the label and this candle is part of the Collectors Edition.

The scent description on this candle reads: The fluffy, sweet marshmallow scent of these classic treats welcomes spring with colorful fun.

Cold Sniff: On cold sniff, the single most simplified description for this candle would be -RICE CRISPY TREATS! Which, GOD, I love so much. I think most of the world loves them too, I have not met anyone who doesn't like the taste or smell of rice crispy treats. Peeps on the other hand,  people either love them or hate them. If you are one of the latter, don't worry, this candle scent appeals to most anyone and is a sweet, confectioners, gooey marshmallow delight. Just opening the lid and smelling this candle would quell even the most serious sugar craving!

Hot Throw: Woo! Praise the Lord, this candle was a thrower! It was a nice strong thower- especially in an actual room. When I placed this candle in my open-concept house I still noticed the scent, but much less concentrated. But put this baby in a room and BAM delightful. It smells the same on hot as it does on cold sniff and this candle was my FAVORITE version of vanilla/marshmallow/sugar that I've ever burned from Yankee. I have heard of mixed-reviews on this particular candle scent and was reluctant to purchase it, but for the SAS it was only $7, so I hit the jackpot. I am kicking myself for not picking up more. The first 2 burns provided a very strong scent throw, and towards the middle and the end, the throw was a few notches dialed back, but still very prominent.

Wax Performance: The candle burned spectacularly with no issues. The last burn, the wick drifted off center, but I continued to burn the candle none the less until it self extinguished. 

Overall: This candle was delicious and I am upset that I didn't stock up for the ONLY $7 it cost me. I know I was not expecting such a spectacular performance from this candle due to the reviews I heard on it. But, I am lucky that I got an A1 performing candle! I would definitely recommend this candle to any sweet, sticky, ooey-gooey sugar lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment