Monday, June 13, 2016

Yankee Candle's: Baby Powder-Candle Review

Today I am reviewing a 22 oz, 1-wick candle from Yankee Candle called Baby Powder. It is presented with crisp white wax and a label depicting talcum powder and a mirror and a brush.

Scent Description: a soothing, fresh scent that gently cleanses the spirit and gives it a soft touch of innocence. WHAT A STORY! They should just state that it smells like baby powder and quit with the nonsense fluff!

Cold Sniff: This scent is plainly and simply baby powder. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want authentic baby powder scent, perfect for a bathroom or bedroom or even a baby shower gift--this is YOUR scent. This goes on my list of one of the most authentically scented candles I've ever smelled. And I like authentic. I love nostalgia and if candles smelled 100% like what they SAY they smell like it would be all over for me. I'd go broke buying candles. If I was blindfolded and someone put this candle under my nose, I would 100% guess I was smelling actual baby powder. And I'd be willing to BET MONEY that others would make the same assumption too.

Hot Throw: This is one of the stronger Yankee's I have burned in a while and I am pleased about that. After a round of several weaker scents--followed by a strong Gingerbread and then this Baby Powder, I am feeling good about Yankee again. That being said--I have permanently quarantined all my Yankee's to be burned in a medium sized room, no more open foyer burning for them because then I don't notice them, and I want to notice them. I PAY to notice my candles. In my media room this candle was noticeable and medium to deep throwing. On hot throw this candle was as authentic smelling as it was on cold. There was no scent change or deviation in the transition of hard wax to melted wax.

Wax Performance: I burned this candle with an Illuma Lid, like I do all my Yankee Jars. I just don't have time to wait for my Yankees to pool out under normal circumstances. They are excruciatingly slow burning candles which are a catch 22 for me. Sometimes it's great and other times I'd wish they'd just hurry up so I can move to a new scent! This candle had no problems with tunneling, wick or wax discoloration. There was a point at the midway point that I got some residue of wax on the walls of the glass jar, but that is normal to me with Yankee. Nothing too bad.

Overall: I really was pleased with the hot scent throw of this candle and the true to nature scent of this candle. It was authentic baby powder and would make a unique baby shower gift! It is a very congenial scent that most people would be okay with burning. I would recommend this candle and would repurchase it!

No comments:

Post a Comment