Monday, January 11, 2016

Yankee Candle: "Whiskers on Kittens" Candle Review

This is my review on Yankee Candle's "Whiskers on Kittens" 22 oz. jar candle... I got this candle as Christmas gift, and I just thought it was so fitting because I am just obsessed with cats! The label has this adorable fuzzy tabby cat on it, and it's wax is an amethyst color. This candle is part of Yankee Candle's "My Favorite Things" collection--as in the play/movie "The Sound of Music." So this candle is not only a great gift for the feline enthusiast, but also "The Sound of Music" enthusiasts AND just good ol' candle lovers. Way to go Yankee Candle, on capitalizing on 3 genres of folks!

The Yankee Candle scent description of "Whiskers on Kittens" reads:  A sweet scent with a gentle nuzzle of sandalwood and vanilla musk.

My take on the candle scent was on cold-sniff it was right up my alley. I love sandalwood, and sandalwood mixed with creamy and sweet vanilla--oh man! I was kinda hoping it would take on a literal play of the candle name and smell like cute, fluffy kitties--but alas, they opted for sandalwood and vanilla :-) On cold-sniff, it was a lighter scent so I assumed it wouldn't perform very well on hot throw...

...and I WAS RIGHT. I wasn't surprised either because Yankee Candle is 50/50 with their ability to fill up a room with scent. I had this candle burning at the entrance table of my split-level home and I didn't notice it throwing at all, in any aspect. I had to stand over the candle and waft it to my nose before I noticed the scent. I moved the candle to my kitchen a few days later and still the same result. I am disappointed, but not surprised. Since cold-sniff was lackluster--I had a feeling hot throw would be, as well. Overall, the wax burned cleanly and evenly, there was no sooting. I used an IllumaLid, which I do on all my Yankee Candles as it promotes a quick and even wax pool.

This candle was a 2015 pour, so still 'fresh' by all means. I would not repurchase this candle, but I do think it makes the cutest gift for the cat lover in anyone's life! 

If you are interested in checking out my candle review videos, check out my YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf4ZYbH2ZBdmLDFTZ-I9k_Q


No comments:

Post a Comment