Thursday, January 28, 2016

719 Walnut Avenue's "Rustic Lakehouse" Candle Review






Today I am reviewing "Rustic Lakehouse" from 719 Walnut Avenue, a 14 oz. 3 wick candle. It's wax is a caramel color that pools out to a rich walnut color. The picture on the label is of a little cabin on a lake in the forest. It's a very pretty label. (the above picture is not mine, but can be found at https://www.instagram.com/p/x9hPtsx0vi/)

The scent description for Rustic Lakehouse is: 


Cold Sniff: On cold sniff it is hardly any different from 719 Walnut Avenue's Mahogany Driftwood. So I was pleasantly surprised that this candle out-performed and out-threw its counterpart. It smelled like a slightly masculine scent with other in-distinguishable scent notes, much like Mahogany Driftwood. I'm going in a circle here, aren't I?! HELP MEEEEE! 


Hot Throw: This candle was placed in my bedroom and on hot throw, it filled up the whole room with a medium-deep throw, still a very noticeable scent. This is where the individual scent notes started to show themselves. I picked up on the base note being an aquaticone, fresh and watery--slightly cotton-y. There was a light masculine note to it, but not too manly. This is a good candle for either genders, my husband like this one too while it was burning. It made our room smell very nice. I had it burning while I was trying to sleep so it helped me calm down and doze off (I blew it out once it established an even wax-pool-don't worry, I didn't let it burn all night while I slept). I was curious to see how this candle would perform on the lower levels of my house-I have a very open floor plan and 3 floors on the lower levels. It was a more light-medium throw downstairs, but still was noticeable and made my house smell fresh and clean after a few hours of consistent burn. 

Wax Performance: The wax performed well albeit it suffered from puny wick syndrome halfway through the burn. I simply dipped 2 cotton balls in the melted wax to soak up some of the excess and viola! The wicks were no longer hanging on for their lives, and the candle continued to burn flawlessly, with no sooting and consistent scent throw throughout. 

Overall: I was SO happy that this candle performed as well as it did for only costing $5 and so closely resembling Bath and Body Works candles. I figured Mahogany Driftwood was a bad apple and that Rustic Lakehouse was more indicative of what 719 Walnut Avenue candles are about. While I enjoyed this scent, I think I am more inclined to try other scents that this company has to offer, but who know..I may find myself yearning to return back to the Rustic Lakehouse for another calming getaway :-)

5 comments:

  1. Great candle!!! Received as a gift and now I want more!!! Where can I buy this candle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find this brand at Walmart, though I'm not sure if they are still making this particular scent. Good luck!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No longer available ANYWHERE! My fave candle on earth and now it cannot be found anywhere. Certainly not at Walmart in stores or online. Let me know if you spy it anywhere. Great candle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No longer available ANYWHERE! My fave candle on earth and now it cannot be found anywhere. Certainly not at Walmart in stores or online. Let me know if you spy it anywhere. Great candle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No longer available ANYWHERE! My fave candle on earth and now it cannot be found anywhere. Certainly not at Walmart in stores or online. Let me know if you spy it anywhere. Great candle!!!

    ReplyDelete