Monday, February 8, 2016

719 Walnut Avenue's, Sunny Sangria: Candle Review





 Today I am reviewing a 14oz, 3-wick candle from 719 Walnut Avenue (can you tell that I'm STOKED about this BBW knock-off company?!) called Sunny Sangria. This candle has a cerise colored wax that pools out to a lovely sangria color (how fitting, huh?). The label has a picture of a bunch of sliced oranges and berries surrounding a glass of what we can assume is sangria. Now, I can say that I wasn't a huge fan of the name of this candle or the label for that matter because I don't really care for the smell of sangria~bad memories of over-doing it with the sangria--if you know what I mean. But, I was looking to buy some candles from this line, I was at Walmart, IT was at Walmart, so I picked it up to give it a try. I mean, it was less than $5, so what have you really got to lose?

The scent description on this candle reads: A fresh blend of summer fruits, berries, melon, orange and kiwi touched with a hint of sugar.

Cold Sniff: On cold, this candle smells plain and simple like fruit punch. I know a lot of reviewers like to get technical and try and list all the individual notes that they can pick out, but for the sake of getting you guys to know how this candle smells by using your imagination, because hey, smell-o-vision hasn't been invented yet. I like to describe the candle using the most close and to-the-point measures I can. So yes, it smells like Hawaiian Punch if you can imagine that. I don't smell any wine notes or any individual fruit notes, its just a well blended, generic fruit punch smell. Nothing new, nothing old.

Hot Throw: On hot throw, this candle was a great thrower, it filled the bottom 2 floors of my house with a tropical punch smell. On hot, the candle deviated a bit from the sugary Hawaiian Punch smell of cold sniff to a more exotic vibe, bringing forth mostly a sweet orange smell with a note that reminded me of a passion fruit. Maybe it even WAS passion fruit, who knows. It was a great throw even up until the final burn. Definitely stronger on hot than I thought it would be. I would say it threw at about a 7 or 8, and became the dominating candle scent of the house when I was burning a lighter one upstairs, and a Yankee downstairs (again, a lighter smelling one, so as to not contaminate the scent throw of Sunny Sangria for the purposes of this review.).

Wax Performance: The wax pooled out well, as have all the candles I have tested from this company. There was no tunneling, just a clean and even burn with no sooting. The wicks stayed nice and centered, better than the other candles I have tested from this company that have tended to drift outward, needing to be set back in place. Maybe this is because this candle is from their new line and they have corrected their mistakes from the past-or I just picked a good candle. Either way, great performance and strong throw for $5.

Overall: I was surprised at the scent throw of this candle, it was very strong and prominent. Usually fruity smells seem kind of lost in my open-floor plan house, but this candle made it's presence known! The wax was a pretty color and the pool was deep and "healthy." I would not repurchase this candle simply because I thought it was a pretty generic scent--one every company puts out in one form or another. It's a summery scent of fruit punch! I'm not a huge fruity candle lover, so I would pick a different scent over this one. But if you like fruity scents then this candle is a very worthy contender for you to consider. And did I mention that it was less that $5?! Hellur, go pick this one up you summer fruit candle lover, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment