Monday, March 7, 2016

719 Walnut Avenue's Country Market: Candle Review


Today I am reviewing 719 Walnut Avenue's Country Market which is a 14oz, 3-wick candle that retails for around $5 at Walmart. This candle had a lot of hype about it, being a close dupe to Bath & Bodyworks' Watermelon Lemonade-which I have never burned so I can't be so sure, but as many of you are, I too am always excited about anything claimed to be a dupe! The wax on this candle is an off-white, that pools out to a golden yellow.

The scent description on this candle reads: will post later

Cold Sniff: On cold sniff I got a predominantly candied watermelon smell mixed with some other candied fruit smells maybe strawberry? The result is a highly sugary, synthetic watermelon-type scent. Now, I love all things watermelon-but I am not a fan of watermelon scents because they are always so highly synthetic, so syrupy sweet and nauseating. This is true with this candle, you are not getting an authentic watermelon here, but do we ever get authentic watermelon?! I think not. On cold it seems very highly scented.

Hot Throw: On hot throw this candle is a strong thrower. I'd give it a 9 out of 10, in fact it was so strong that I had to blow it out because it was becoming too overpowering. It filled my whole split level house with a watermelon punch-type smell and overtook all the other lighter smelling candles that I had going at the same time. I'd say that it performed just as well as a Bath & Bodyworks candle in terms of hot scent throw, and for only $5, wow! Excellent value, and definitely worth everyone trying.

Wax Performance: this candle burned well with no issues of small wicks, sooting or tunneling. The wax did not discolor and the strong scent throw did not change as the burn progressed. I was very impressed with this candle's performance.

Overall: with this candle indistinguishable in both packaging, labels and hot scent throw of a Bath & Bodyworks candle, I would say that I was very impressed with this candle albeit me not being in love with the actual scent. It is a great summery scent that with knock the socks off of anyone who burns it (granted you don't get the occasional dud candle). IF you like watermelon scents than this is a no-brainer...GO GET YOU ONE!!

3 comments:

  1. I have never tried those candles, but I plan to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my most FAVORITE candle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should, they are SO affordable! Let me know what you think :-)

    ReplyDelete