Monday, March 7, 2016

Yankee Candle's Cherries on Snow: Candle Review


Today's review is on Yankee Candle's Cherries on Snow, a 22oz, 1 wick, large jar candle. It's wax is a bright, cheerful red that pools out to crimson and has a label with some red cherries resting on some fluffy white snow. This candle is part of the fruit collection.

The scent description on this candle reads: an enchanted, sparkling blend of bright, juicy cherries with sweet almonds and an icy freshness.

Cold Sniff: This candle had a rich, dark cherry smell on cold-sniff. I sensed a slight sweet almond note almost giving the candle a Dr. Pepper smell. I didn't notice any other scents on cold sniff.

Hot Throw: On hot throw this candle evolved into more of a Luden's Cough Drop smell, losing the almond note and becoming just a potent authentic cherry. It was a medium-light thrower, only noticeable when I was around the kitchen island (where I was burning this candle). While it didn't carry the scent throughout the house, it was indeed noticeable--which sometimes you don't get from Yankee's. I'll take semi-noticeable any day over unscented. This candle had almost a medicinal property--just like a cough drop when burning, and I'm not a fan--especially since scents have a memory attached to them, I was put back to a time of ill-health and who wants to remember that?! Although, I'm sure cherry enthusiasts would go ga-ga for this scent.

Wax Performance: The wax performed well in this Yankee, there was a lot of scent oil in this candle which I just love! Whenever I'd blow out the flame and the wax would cool, I'd come to see tiny pin points of bright red fragrance oil seeping to the top. This oil DID NOT inhibit the quality of the burn in this candle, like it had before in my Yankee Candle Exotic Bloom.

Overall: This candle was a pretty good thrower for Yankee Candle, and cherry lovers will rejoice in this scent which was a medium-light thrower. While I was not a fan of the actual scent, I did love the beautiful bright cherry wax and the light that danced off of it. Is it a repurchase? Not particularly, but I may try a different cherry scent from Yankee in its place.  

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this candle!! Does not smell of medicine. More of a jucie piece of Starburst cherry candy. My home is open so if I place the candle in the right spot, I can smell threw out my home. This is my all time favorite out of any candle. They are hard to find now. That makes me sad. I breath it in and my mouth waters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    top-10-best-electric-snow-blower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God I love cherries in the snow Yankee Candles and all of the other fragrances I no this is my absolute favorite I can't do without it every year and I'm sad to see the holidays go cuz I know it has to go away

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got this and the Black Cherries and really can't tell the diference as thje cherry is so dominant in this one!

    ReplyDelete