Friday, March 4, 2016

719 Walnut Avenue's: Blushing Blossom Candle Review


Today I am reviewing 719 Walnut Avenue's Blushing Blossom, a 14oz, 3-wick candle. I purchased this candle from Walmart for only $1! That's right people, one freakin' dollar. A dollar makes me holler honey boo-boo.....ok you get the picture. I'm sure it must be an older candle that was clearanced out that was misplaced and luckily found it's way to my shopping cart. I was so happy with this candle, it's scent was very original and quite lovely.

The scent description on this candle reads: A light bouquet of lily of the valley and violets enhanced with bright citrus and a whisper of green grass.

Cold Sniff: On cold it was a very light floral fragrance. I was worried that it wouldn't throw very well on hot. I could smell a slight lily of the valley note as well as a tad of violet. Not noted, there was a very light smidge of an anise scent. I was impressed by the complexity and how I've never smelled this combo before.

Hot Throw: On hot throw it outperformed the cold sniff for sure. I had this candle burning in our master bedroom and it was a beautiful light floral that wasn't overpowering like a lot of florals tend to be. I was awaiting the headache to start--florals tend to do this to me--but alas, there was none. There are some light blushing florals with that slight anise note mixed with the complex green note that violet adds. I would say this candle is a medium thrower, which is the best throw for florals so you don't risk it being too strong and heady.

Wax Performance: the wax performed consistently and didn't tunnel, soot or discolor. No puny wicks either. Perfect 10.

Overall: This was the best candle I have ever gotten for $1. If I EVER see this candle again at Walmart, you can best believe I would pick it up. I love a good floral and what makes it even better is that is hasn't been done before. That is worth so much to me because now a days everything is a repackage. It was a joy to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment