Monday, March 7, 2016

Yankee Candle's: Do Re Mi Candle Review

Today I am reviewing Yankee Candle's 22oz. 1 wick large jar candle in the scent Do Re Mi. It is part of the fresh collection and is a dark charcoal colored wax pooling out to a inky black wax. The label would appeal to a music enthusiast and would make a great gift for someone who is musically inclined. This candle is also part of Yankee's My Favorite Things collection of which I have reviewed one other candle, Whiskers on Kittens.

The scent description on this candle reads: jasmine, wild berries and cedar wood. To me, this couldn't be further from the truth. Now, my nose isn't that highly sophisticated to pick out too many individual scent notes, but on the whole, I neither smell jasmine, wild berries or cedar wood. It smells like a deep vanilla and that is all. I would think most others would agree with me on this one, but if you have burned this candle and smelled otherwise, I'd be really interested in hearing your thoughts (write them in the comments).

Cold Sniff: On cold sniff this candle gave me a monochromatic vanilla. Just one scent. Nothing else, which is odd, but I like sweet smelling vanilla-type candles, so I was neither dying of joy or dread. It was just very basic. It was lighter on cold sniff, so I assumed I would have another unscented Yankee Candle on my hands.

Hot Throw: On hot throw this candle was a light-medium scent throw. I had this candle burning in my office at work and noticed it wafting in every once in a while. I only had one client mention anything about the candle and they said it smelled like sweet desserts. So that's good, right? It smelled on hot as it did on cold, no new notes were brought to the surface after being heated up by the flame.

Wax Performance: This Yankee burned cleanly and evenly with no tunneling issues and no sooting. It always helps to use a Illuma Lid, which I always do when burning a Yankee. I would highly recommend investing in one of those. Overall, typical Yankee Candle burn-lasting many, many days with a lighter scent throw.

Overall: I enjoyed this candle, I love vanilla scents and it was different to burn a black-waxed candle. While I had fun with this candle while it lasted, I would not repurchase because, well, it was just pretty basic. Bland even. Nothing exciting-no fun wax color or cool label, no complex scent. But that being said, this would make a nice gift for any music lover or teacher and most people would enjoy a vanilla scent so this is an easy gifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment